Microsoft Office 365 Education
Purpose of use
- Office 365 Education is an office suite developed by Microsoft for educational institutes.
- The following applications of the package are used in Metropolia:
Purpose of the application
|Cloud version of the Office package
|Onenote Class Notebook
Publishing and online collaboration
|Skype for Business
|Creating custom applications
- The office suite is available to Metropolia students and staff members. Documents can be shared to other users as well.
- Installation: follow the guides on the right side of the page.
- Metropolia students and staff members sign in with their Metropolia accounts at https://login.microsoftonline.com. Enter your user account in this form: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The password is the same as your Metropolia account password.
What to do when having problems
- Make a service request in Helpdesk if you have issues with Office 365 in Education.
Literature and guides
- Microsoft Office 365 Education (official)
- Office blogs (official)
- Office for iPad guide (official)
- Training Center (official)
- Office 365 on Wikipedia (2021)
- Everything you need to know about Office 365 Education (2020)
- Microsoft in Education -video channel (EN, official)
- Microsoft Ignite 2020 Recap (EN, 2020)
- Microsoft 365 vs Google Workspace (G-Suite) - A Comprehensive Comparison (EN, 2021)
Contents of the page last checked: 10/2023
How to deploy Office 365 Education in Metropolia
Guides of applications
Check out the Applications table on this page ("Info page").
Good to know
Answers to frequently asked questions