Activation and Password Change using Activation Password
Students, staff and members of partner organizations should activate their new user account using Mobile Certificate and Netbank User ID.
If neither of the proposed ways are possible, use our alternative online password activation system.
The activation password is valid for 45 days, after that you have to get a new activation password.
1. You can get the activation paper from Helpdesk or Student Affair Office. Staff retrieves a new password from Human Resources services.
(The owner of user account gives you external user´s account paper)
2. Start a web browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox
3. Type in the browser's address bar: activation.metropolia.fi
4. Press the Return key on the keyboard.
5. In the browser window you may see the message to accept the certificate. Accepting the web browser certificate warning.
6. You will see the text "Metropolia Account Activation" on the screen. Below the text are fields for username and password.
7. Type your username in the "User ID" field
8. Type your password in the "Password" field
9. Click on the "Login" button
10. After logging in you must accept the rules and regulations
Read carefully the two rules, General policy on the use of information systems and Regulations for handling e-mail.
By clicking the "I agree" button, you agree to abide by the rules.
11. Once you've chosen a password, type it in the fields "New password" and "Confirm new password".
Then click on the "Change Password" button.
12. Your account is now activated. Exit by clicking on the "Exit" link in the upper right corner.