Smooth new student laptop desks with monitors
Welcome to check out our new student workstations at Myyrmäki campus. They are not yet available anywhere else at Metropolia! You can find the workstations on the 2nd floor of section A, next to the quiet room and across from the Student Services Office.
Our new student workstations feature Dell D6000S Displaylink docking stations, which allow you to connect almost any type of computer directly to the USB-C port or alternatively to the USB-A port with an adapter. With just one connection and a brief wait, your computer screen will appear on the display, and you can immediately start working!
The Martela furniture factory’s electrically adjustable desks with vision protection and high-quality office chairs promote ergonomic work and make a peaceful work environment. You can adjust the height of the desk to your liking with the touch of a button, and the surrounding people's glances won't distract you from your work.
Each laptop desk includes a keyboard, mouse, display, and power outlet for your needs. In addition, you can connect two USB-A devices and one USB-C device to each dock.
Docking station’s user instructions
1. Plug the USB-cable to your computer. USB-dock connects automatically and you can charge your laptop and use screen, mouse and keyboard.
2. If the screen doesn’t show anything, check your display settings by pressing + P and choose duplicate or extend.
"Helpdesk tiedottaa" workspace in OMA
As a member of the workspace
You will receive Helpdesk announcements published on OMA directly to your e-mail.
You will receive up-to-date information about the operation and services of IT Services.
You can discuss and give feedback about the IT Services (discussion section). (We don't accept service requests to the workspace – please contact the Helpdesk only via the contact information mentioned below.)
How to join?
1. Select Workspaces in the menu at the top of OMA
2. Select Search (Join/Leave).
3. In the Text search field, type Helpdesk tiedottaa.
4. Select the Join workspace button on the right side of the "Helpdesk tiedottaa" workspace.
- No labels