Activation and Password Change using Activation Password
Students, staff and members of partner organizations should activate their new user account using a mobile certificate or a netbank user ID.
If neither of the proposed ways is possible, or you have an external user's account, activate your user account using the activation password printed on the password slip.
The activation password is valid for 45 days. After that a new activation password is needed. The instructions for getting a new activation password are the same as when the password is forgotten.
1. If you don't have an activation slip with an activation password on it, follow these instructions: Forgot Your Password?
2. Browse to https://activation.metropolia.fi
3. In the activation window, enter your user account and password as they are written in the activation slip.
4. Click on Login:
5. After logging in, read General Policy on the Use of Information Systems and Regulations for Handling Email.
6. By clicking on I agree you agree to comply with the rules:
7. In the New password field, type a new password. The password must be at least 8 characters long. Retype the password in the Confirm new password field. Click on Change password.
9. Your account is now activated. Exit by clicking on Exit in the upper right corner.