Activation and Password Change using Activation Password
Students, staff and members of partner organizations should activate their new user account using Mobile Certificate and Netbank User ID.
If neither of the proposed ways are possible, or the ID is an external user's ID, activate it using the activation password printed on the password slip.
The activation password is valid for 45 days, after that you have to get a new activation password. The instructions for getting a new activation password.
1. You can get the activation paper from Helpdesk or Student Affairs Office. External users can request their activation papers from their host or the project's contact person in Metropolia. Staff retrieves a new password from Human Resource Services.
2. Start a web browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
3. Type in the browser's address bar: activation.metropolia.fi
4. Press the Return key on the keyboard.
5. In the browser window you may see the message to accept the certificate. Accepting the web browser certificate warning.
6. When the "Metropolia Account Activation" window opens, enter the user ID and password that you received on the user account paper.
7. Click on the "Login" button.
8. After logging in, read General Policy on the Use of Information Systems and Regulations for Handling Email.
9. By clicking the "I agree" button, you agree to abide by the rules.
10. Once you've chosen a password, enter it in the fields "New password" and "Confirm new password".
Then click on the "Change Password" button.
11. Your account is now activated. Exit by clicking on the "Exit" link in the upper right corner.