Google Slides (formerly known as Google Presentations) is a browser based presentation program running as cloud service, launched in 2007. It is part of Google's office programs suite Docs which in turn is part of the company's larger service package Google Drive which also offers cloud storage.
With Google Slides you can create presentations, publish them on the web and share with your audience or partners.
Google Slides has also been published as Web, Android, and iOS versions. It is also available as a Chrome browser add-in. Since 2013 Google Slides can be edited also off-line. A presentation is updated when back on-line.
Kirjallisuutta - Literature
- Overview of Google Docs, Sheets and Slides (EN, official)
- Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides (EN & FI, official)
- What can you do with Google Slides (EN, official)
- Google Docs Blog (EN, official)
- Wikipedia (EN, 2023)
- The Ultimate 2022 Guide (EN, 2022)
- Slides (FI, virallinen)
- Google Slidesin käytön aloittaminen (FI, virallinen)
- Metropolian mallipohjat Google Slides -esityksiin (FI, 2018)
Yhteisöjä - Communities
- Google Docs on Facebook (EN, official)
- Google Docs Help Forum (EN, official)
- Google Docs on Twitter (EN, official)
Videoita - Videos
- Google video channel on Youtube (EN, official)
- Google Workspace video channel on Youtube (EN, official)
- Google Slides The Complete Beginners A step-by-step Tutorial (EN, 2022)
Targets of use
Terms of Service
The application belongs to the authorized work and study tools in Metropolia.
Metropolia students and staff members use the service with their Metropolia accounts. Links to guides.
User support is provided by the Metropolia IT Services Helpdesk.
Terms of Service of Metropolia cloud services must be applied by each user.
Google Workspace shares collected data internally or also with third-party companies.