As a student, you undertake to adhere to the EXAM (electronic exam software) regulations when taking an exam in the exam room. You accept the terms when you log in to the electronic exam software EXAM for the first time.
EXAM electronic exams follows the Degree Regulations and General Policy on the Use of Information Systems of Metropolia University of Applied Sciences.
- Recording cameras supervise the exam room and record audio. When you register for the exam, you consent to camera surveillance during the exam. You also agree to your identity being verified combining camera surveillance data, enrolment data and access control data of the exam room.
- You must be able to show proof of your identity to the exam invigilator (supervisor) when taking an electronic exam, so you should have your student card or identification card with you. In addition to recording camera surveillance, spot checks may be made if necessary. You may also need to verify your identity after the exam.
- Before you enter the exam room, you must leave all your belongings outside (e.g. bag, mobile phone, headphones, outdoor clothes, calculator, food, drinks). You can use the lockers provided outside the room to store your belongings. You only need to take your student card or official ID and room access card into the actual exam room.
- The reception/lobby service will give you access to the exam room, check your identity and check your allocated exam time.
- You cannot enter the exam room without an allocated exam time.
- You must arrive at the campus early enough on the exam day as your exam starts immediately when your allocated time begins. You should enter the exam room approximately 5 minutes before the exam starting time, so that the previous examinee has time to finish.
- The exam time starts at the beginning of your allocated time. You can start the exam anytime within the allotted time slot. However, if you arrive late, your exam will be shorter. The exam ends when you submit the exam or when your allocated time ends. The exam system will automatically save the data when your allocated exam time ends. You may leave the exam room when you have completed your exam or when you quit the exam.
- You are not allowed to leave the exam room and re-enter during the exam. If you have to leave the room in the middle of the exam for health reasons, you must agree on this with the exam supervisor. You can fail the exam if you leave and re-enter the exam room without permission.
- The recording camera surveillance system in the exam room supervises you during the exam. In suspected cases of cheating, exam supervisors will act according to the school regulations.
- Total silence is required in the exam room. You are not allowed to talk with other exam participants.
- If for any technical reason you cannot start the exam or are booted out of the system or if you experience any other form of disturbance in the exam room (for example a fire alarm), you should end the exam, leave the exam room and report the problem. You will find contact information in the exam room in case you need to report an issue. The invigilator will receive the report and will decide if you can retake the exam.
- The assessment period of the exam follows the Degree Regulations of the Metropolia University of Applied Sciences.
Regulations accepted on 3.2.2020