Other Partner Organisations and Outsoursed Services' Staff
These instructions apply to partners working in Metropolia who need Metropolia information systems (such as OMA and email) in their work.
Examples of partners: the student union (Metka), porters, restaurant workers, non-military service personnel, translators, public health nurse services, school priests, members of longer projects and outsourcing service staff, who are in need of a Metropolia e-mail address.
- Contact personnel varies and cannot be named in advance, but a contact person will be specified when a partnership begins.
- Contact person provides Metropolia Helpdesk with the required information.
- Required information:
first names, last name, personal identity code, job title (Finnish and English), function for which the username is requested, validity time for the username, owner/contact personnel (if other than requester).
- Concerning those working in Metropolia premises required is also Metropolia phone (if available).
- For exchange teachers' user accounts, also mother tongue and nationality
- Helpdesk creates the user account and sends the account details to the contact person.
- The partner organisation's representative activates the account using a net banking ID or a mobile certificate. If this is not possible, the account is activated using an activation password
N.B. Concerning a teacher's permissions in OMA, note the following:
An instructor needs permissions to manage specific workspaces. Other instructors/main users can add an instructor as a main user directly to a workspace.
An instructor is added to an implementation tasks. A work role in OMA must be requested. A workspace will be then added for the instructor by default.
An instructor must be able to assign grades on Teacher's Desktop, which must be specifically requested from Helpdesk. The request will be assigned to the main user.
User account locked
The partner organisation's staff must contact their contact person, who will be in contact with Metropolia Helpdesk.