Adobe Connect Tips - How to Get Started
- Mozilla Firefox
You can copy this How to Get Started guide to your Connect room e.g. in Note Pod (the notepad tool). That way it is always at hand when your participants are testing the connection before the meeting begins.
Starting the session
- close all programs that you do not need in the meeting.
- plug in all devices you need and start all programs you need (but not others)
- ensure that the webcam and the USB headset or speakers are plugged in to you computer
- log in in advance before the meeting
- if there is a problem with the software or the connection, you have time to fix it. You can always contact Helpdesk.
- the person presenting tests the connection and uploads materials to AC in advance.
- it is a good idea to test the system and to do a test run of the presentation the day before the meeting.
- if you are at device outside of Metropolia, make sure that the device can be used with Connect. The best way to test it is to try and use AC before the meeting. Bandwidth must be sufficient!
- if you run an AC meeting in Metropolia, technical requirements are met.
- help the presenter/participants in testing their sound settings etc.
- tell the participants in the beginning the agenda and schedule and other rules (e.g. how to request the floor and how to use chat)
- if you record the meeting, remember to inform the participants, and turn on recording. Let the participants also know where to view the recording.